3 boneless skinless chicken breast butterflied lengthwise to make 6 pieces total
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour ( dredging ) plus 4 tablespoons ( thickening )
1 cup oil for pan frying ( salad oil, coconut oil, vegetable oil are all fine )
2 tablespoons minced onion or shallot
4 oz butter ( 1 stick )
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt and pepper mix ( 3 parts kosher salt 1 part black pepper )
3 lemons juiced
1) flour all 6 pieces of chicken in 1/4 of flour
2) place breast in beaten eggs
3) heat oil in a saute pan on high heat, pan should be large enough to fit all 6 pieces of chicken at once.
oil must be very hot or egg dipped chicken breast will stick. test oil by
putting a drop of egg into pan, if egg quickly coagulates than pan is ready!
4) place all chicken into hot oil ( drop chicken away from yourself so not to splash, trust me on this one! )
do not try to move chicken in the pan for the first minute!!! the egg needs to set up for the chicken not to
stick! after the first minute you can gently shake the pan
5) cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6) remove chicken from pan and pour off all the oil.
7) return pan to high heat and add 1/4 stick of butter and onions, cook until almost brown.
8) when onions start to brown add the white wine and reduce by half, 5 minutes or so.
9) add 1 cup of chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
10) mix 4 tablespoon of flour with remaining cup of chicken stock and add to simmering pan.
stir well to avoid lumping. turn heat to medium and simmer an other 5 minutes.
11) stir in salt and pepper mix, lemon juice and remaining 3/4 stick of butter. when butter is melted you are ready to taste!!!
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
replace the 1/2 cup flour with white rice flour and use 3 tablespoons of white rice flour instead of 4 tablespoons of flour.
enjoy, Alexis did!!