Spinach Artichoke Dip!!!
your taste, i like a lot!!
so here we go….
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 Tablespoons flour
1 pint cream or half and half ( go for the cream!)
1/2 to 1 cup of parm or romano cheese grated
1/2 cup of thawed chopped spinach, squeeze out the water real well
1 can 17 oz artichoke hearts
1-2 teaspoons salt & pepper mix ( 75% kosher salt & 25% black pepper)
1) heat olive oil and saute garlic until golden brown
2) add the flour and stir for a minute
3) add 1/2 the cream and bring to a simmer before adding the remaining cream.
bring to a simmer
4) add the cheese and bring to a simmer, sauce will thicken a bit more at this point should be thick.
5) add spinach
6) open and drain the artichoke hearts. crush the artichokes in your hand as you add to the dip
7) bring dip to a simmer and add salt and pepper mix to taste. this will vary depending on the type
and amount of cheese you use.
serve with tortilla chips!!
you can also thicken this with a bit of bread crumbs and use as a stuffing for veal or pork chops, would even be a great stuffing for chicken breast too!!